Bates Technical College announcement.
For decades, it’s existed in tabloids found mainly on newsstands and in grocery store checkout lines. But, with the advent of the internet and social media, it’s seemingly grown out of control, so much to the point that it may have played a partial role in the outcome of the 2016 election.Fake news is on the rise and on this edition of Northwest Now, we sit down with Dr. Kate Starbird, a professor at the University of Washington, who has unveiled a study that demonstrates the enormity of this problem. Find out how to spot fake news and what can be done to combat it.Northwest Now is a weekly public affairs program that airs Friday at 7:30 p.m. on KBTC Public Television, a service of Bates Technical College.
You can visit our website to watch past episodes and learn more about our show.
- KBTC 28.1, NHK World-Japan 28.2, FNX 28.3, TVW 28.4 Tacoma/Seattle
- KCKA 15.1, NHK World-Japan 15.2, FNX 15.3, TVW 15.4 Centralia/Chehalis
- K16LV-D Grays River/Lebam
- K18NJ-LD Bellingham
- KBTC-DR Seattle
- Comcast channel 108 (HD) (most areas in Western Washington)
- Comcast channel 3 (SD) (Tacoma)
- Comcast channel 12 (SD) (most areas in Western Washington)
- Rainier Connect channel 3 (Tacoma)
- Rainier Connect channel 10
- Wave Cable channel 28 (varies by area)
- Ziply (formerly Verizon/Frontier Cable): 528 (HD), 28 (SD)
- Dish channel 28
- DirecTV channel 28