A press release from Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department.
On Aug. 31, our 14-day case rate per 100,000 for Aug. 9-22 is 623.6. The 14-day case rate offers the most reliable look at COVID-19 disease burden on Pierce County.
Our hospitalization rate is currently 14.2 per 100,000.
Today, we confirmed 371 COVID-19 cases and 4 new deaths:
- A woman in her 20s from Tacoma.
- A man in his 70s from Bonney Lake.
- A woman in her 80s from Tacoma.
- A man in his 50s from Tacoma.
Our totals are 62,664 cases and 661 deaths.
Find more information on:
- Case counts, hospitalizations, testing and other metrics.
- Vaccination metrics.
- COVID-19 vaccines.
- Getting a COVID-19 test.
- Childcare and schools.
Mona Peterson says
Sad to see how young some of these people are ☹️💜