A press release from Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department.
The health officers of King, Pierce, Snohomish, Kitsap, Clallam, Jefferson, San Juan, and Grays Harbor counties have joined together to pass on their best public health advice to protect you, your family, and our communities. We recommend all residents wear facial coverings when in indoor public settings where the vaccination status of those around you is unknown. This step will help reduce the risk of COVID-19 to the public, including customers and workers, help stem the increase in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations in many parts of the state and decrease the spread of the highly contagious Delta variant.
Vaccinations are our best defense against COVID-19 and are safe, effective, and readily available for everyone age 12 and over. Please get yours immediately if you are not already vaccinated.
- John Bausher, MD PhD Grays Harbor County Health Officer
- Anthony L-T Chen, MD MPH Pierce County Health Officer
- Frank James, MD San Juan County Health Officer
- Gib Morrow, MD MPH Kitsap County Health Officer
- Allison Berry, MD MPH Clallam County Health Officer
- Jeffrey S. Duchin, MD MPH King County Health Officer
- Thomas Locke, MD MPH Jefferson County Health Officer
- Chris Spitters, MD MPH Snohomish County Health Officer