Date - Apr 23, 2022
Time - 9:00am-12:00pm
Please join us on Saturday, April 23 from 9:00 a.m. to Noon at one of our many park sites.
The beautification projects completed by volunteers during this annual event have made a difference in our community park system. We count on volunteers and their support each year to prepare Lakewood’s parks for the spring/summer season.
The City of Lakewood Park Appreciation Day project sites are:
- Fort Steilacoom Park (8714 87th Ave SW, Lakewood, WA) —we will be restoring our historic cemetery markers, scotch broom removal, cleaning the playground, play chips, weed removal, clean shelters, paint restroom if weather permits, bark in beds, and restoration around the Waughop Lake trail.
- American Lake (9222 Veterans Dr SW, Lakewood, WA) – weeding, painting if weather permits, bark in beds, cleaning the swimming beach and West Pierce Fire will be doing underwater cleaning in our swim area.
- Wards Lake Park (2716 84th St S, Lakewood, WA)– replacing playground chips, trail maintenance, and restroom painting if weather permits.
- Springbrook Park (12601 Addison St SW, Lakewood, WA) – community garden plantings and park cleanup.
- Kiwanis Park (6002 Fairlawn Dr. SW, Lakewood, WA) – cleaning the playground, play chips, painting if weather permits.
Hope to see you on Saturday, April 23, 2022, from 9:00 am. – Noon. Bring your garden gloves and tools. To register yourself, your family, service organization, school or church group, please register here.
Please forward this to everyone that you think would like to help give back to our community. This is a great way to earn some community volunteer hours.