Submitted by Lake City Community Church.
It takes continual intentionality to create and maintain a healthy marriage. Whether you’re newly wed or have been married for decades; whether you’re struggling to find happiness in your marriage, or you’re feeling really solid; whether you’re a military couple or a blended family, the Lake City Community Church Marriage Conference is here to support and encourage you!
Lake City Community Church’s 2023 Marriage Conference is designed to help you create a marriage that’s worth fighting for. The conference will be Friday, October 20, 6:30-8:30pm, and Saturday, October 21, 9am-1pm. Free childcare is available with advance registration. Learn more and sign up at LC3.com.
Friday evening you’ll be inspired and challenged right from the start by Pastor Tung, Lake City Community Church’s Lead Pastor, with the message Marriage: God’s Plan. We’ll finish the night with a panel of couples ranging from recently married to 60+ years of marriage, from a blended couple to a military marriage.
Saturday morning you’ll be challenged by Pastor David, LC3’s Family Pastor, with the message Marriage: Worth Fighting For, and hear from Larry & Bobbie Simpson with Officers’ Christian Fellowship. Following the morning session we’ll have two breakout sessions.
- Resilient Military Marriage with Larry & Bobbie Simpson
- Second Chances – Remarriage and blended families
- Tackling Hard Topics – A panel of couples will take on some of the hardest topics facing marriages today: Finances, Sex, Raising Children, Spiritual leadership in the home
- Finishing Strong – Marriage as we get older, how to continue to thrive, including challenges with adult children. A panel will share how to finish strong!
- Forgiveness – Have you ever struggled to forgive something that still hurt or was unresolved? Has pride kept you from being able to make amends or ask forgiveness? This breakout will cover why we should be concerned with forgiveness as well as offering tools to navigate this challenging and critical aspect of a biblical marriage.
- Re | engage – Hear an introduction and explanation of re | engage, our marriage ministry.
- Overcoming the Challenges of a Military Marriage – You’ll have the opportunity to hear from and interact with a diverse panel of military couples from Air Force to Army, and from enlisted to officer.