Submitted by SONIC Drive-In.
SONIC Drive-In is dedicated to getting teachers and students the classroom supplies they need for the new school year. In August, the SONIC Foundation donated $1 million to help fund requests on DonorsChoose, a national nonprofit that allows individuals to donate directly to public school classroom requests submitted by teachers.
The $1 million donation is part of the SONIC Drive-In brand’s ongoing Limeades for Learning initiative.
In Tacoma, Washington, eight exceptional teachers received a combined donation of $693.00 from SONIC Foundation, including:
- Christensen Elementary School: Mrs. Donohue for the project Flexible Seating for Active Bodies for Grades PreK-2
- Giaudrone Middle School: Ms. Buck for the project Huskies Love Manga! for Grades 6-8
- Hunt Middle School: Ms. Christian for the project Social Emotional Supports for Special Education! for Grades 6-8
- McCarver Elementary School: Mr. Tucker for the project Emerging World Adventurers! for Grades PreK-2
- McCarver Elementary School: Mrs. Callero for the project Book Boxes Make Everything Better for Grades PreK-2
- Roosevelt Elementary School: Mrs. Pick for the project New Year…New Snacks! for Grades PreK-2
- Roosevelt Elementary School: Mrs. Pick for the project Morning STEM Bins! for Grades PreK-2
- Roosevelt Elementary School: Ms. Haynes for the project Snack Time for Grades 3-5
- Stadium High School: Ms. Back for the project Financial Algebra Student Supplies for Grades 9-12
“SONIC’s dedication to supporting education through our Limeades for Learning program is a core pillar of our business and the transition into a new school year is a crucial window in setting students and teachers up for success,” said Kim Lewis, Vice President of Brand Experience for SONIC. “We’re grateful to all the SONIC guests who joined us this month in our commitment to brighten the lives of educators, students and families across our SONIC communities by donating to a classroom request on DonorsChoose, or simply by enjoying their favorite SONIC drink.”
Through the SONIC Limeades for Learning initiative, the brand donates a portion of proceeds from every drink, slush and shake purchase to the SONIC Foundation, which is used to support local public education.* Since 2009, SONIC has donated more than $26 million to funding local classrooms, becoming one of the largest programs in the U.S. to support public education.
Visit DonorsChoose.org and donate to one or more of the thousands of public school teacher requests seeking support to provide students with educational resources.