Bates Technical College announcement.
Eighty years ago this month, then-President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed Executive Order 9066, which ordered Japanese Americans from their homes and into internment camps following the attack on Pearl Harbor that forced America into World War II.
Decades later, the pain that action caused is still felt in the Japanese American community. On this edition of Northwest Now, we’ll discuss the 80th anniversary of Japanese Exclusion with members of our local community. We’ll also introduce you to a local writer who turned her family’s painful experience into inspiration to pen numerous articles and a book on the subject.Northwest Now is a weekly public affairs program that airs Friday at 7:30 p.m. on KBTC Public Television, a viewer-supported service of Bates Technical College.
You can visit our website to watch past episodes and learn more about our show.
- KBTC 28.1, NHK World-Japan 28.2, FNX 28.3, TVW 28.4 Tacoma/Seattle
- KCKA 15.1, NHK World-Japan 15.2, FNX 15.3, TVW 15.4 Centralia/Chehalis
- K16LV-D Grays River/Lebam
- K18NJ-LD Bellingham
- KBTC-DR Seattle
- Comcast channel 108 (HD) (most areas in Western Washington)
- Comcast channel 3 (SD) (Tacoma)
- Comcast channel 12 (SD) (most areas in Western Washington)
- Rainier Connect channel 3 (Tacoma)
- Rainier Connect channel 10
- Wave Cable channel 28 (varies by area)
- Ziply (formerly Verizon/Frontier Cable): 528 (HD), 28 (SD)
- Dish channel 28
- DirecTV channel 28