A press release from Sound Transit.
Crews will mill and pave on the west side of Stadium Way from Division Avenue to I-705, starting on Wednesday, Sept. 22. Stadium Way will close to southbound traffic from Broadway to I-705, and S. 4th St. will close between Broadway and Stadium Way for this work. Access will be open to parking garages as much as possible. However, laying asphalt will block access to parking garages on Sept. 30. To access downtown and I-705, please follow the detour on St. Helens to Market Street to S. 13th St. To access northbound Stadium Way, please follow Commerce St. from S. 9th St. or take the I-705 exit. We apologize for these inconveniences and thank you for your patience.
In the Stadium District, crews will install signals at the southeast corner of the Tacoma Avenue and N. 1st St. intersection (The Harvester Restaurant side) on Sept. 21 for two to three days. Then, they will move the signal work to the Division Ave and Yakima Ave intersection.
On Martin Luther King Jr. Way, crews are installing curb and gutter on the east side of MLK Jr. Way from S. 13th St. to S. 10th St., and this work is expected to be completed on Sept. 24. Then, the contractor may move the curb and gutter work to the west side of MLK Jr. Way from S. 13th St. to S. 10th St. next week. Crews also are installing curb and gutter on the west side of MLK Jr. Way from S. 19th St. to S. 16th St., including building the St. Joseph Station. Other crews are installing signals at the Earnest Brazill St. and MLK Jr. Way intersection.
On Commerce Street, crews are installing curb, gutter, paving and the platform for the Old City Hall Station. On E. 25th Street, crews are preparing to pave, and will close E. 25th St. in both directions on Saturday, Sept. 25 for paving.
Stadium Way will continue to be open to northbound traffic on Sept. 25. The contractor rescheduled the delivery of the traction power substation to late October. We will provide more information.
Construction and traffic restrictions at Commerce Street, S. 7th Street, Stadium Way, S. 4th Street., N. Tacoma Avenue, N. 1st Street, Martin Luther King Jr. Way, and E. 25th Street.
Week of September 20
- Commerce Street from I-705 to S. 9th St. – southbound lane closure.
- S. 7th Street at Commerce Street – no left-turn.
- Stadium Way from Broadway to I-705 – southbound lane closed on Sept. 22. Please follow the detour on St. Helens to Market Street, Tacoma Avenue or Broadway.
- N. Tacoma Avenue and N. 1st Street intersection – traffic restrictions.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Way from S. 13th St. to S. 10th St. – traffic restrictions.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Way from S. 19th St. to S. 15th St – southbound lane closure.
- E. 25th Street from E. G St. to E. J St. – eastbound lane closure.
- E. 25th Street from E. G St. to Se. J St. – street closure on Sept. 25.