A press release from Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department.
On Sept. 20, our 14-day case rate per 100,000 for Aug. 27-Sept. 9 is 634.3. The 14-day case rate offers the most reliable look at COVID-19 disease burden on Pierce County.
Our hospitalization rate is currently 17.3 per 100,000.
Today, we confirmed 259 COVID-19 cases and 5 new deaths:
- A man in his 70s from Tacoma.
- A man in his 50s from Gig Harbor area.
- A man in his 80s from South Pierce County.
- A woman in her 90s from Tacoma.
- A man in his 80s from Frederickson.
On Saturday we confirmed 391 cases. On Sunday we confirmed 225 cases.
Our totals are 78,075 cases (PCR = 69,513, antigen = 8,562) and 748 deaths.
Find more information on: