A press release from Sound Transit.
Crews plan to complete the curb, gutter and track work on the west side of Stadium Way by the end of the day on Friday, Sept. 17. Then, Stadium Way will open to two-way traffic. Stadium Way will be open during the Stadium Art, Wine and Beer Walk on Saturday, Sept. 18. However, Stadium Way will close to southbound traffic again on Wed, Sept. 22 when crews start to mill and pave the street. During the southbound Stadium Way closure this week, please follow the St. Helens to Market Street detour to access downtown and I-705. To access northbound Stadium Way, please follow Commerce St. from S. 9th St. or take the I-705 exit – thank you.
On Martin Luther King Jr. Way, crews are installing curb and gutter on the east side of MLK Jr. Way from S. 13th St. to S. 10th St. and on the west side of MLK Jr. Way from S. 19th St. to S. 16th St., including building the St. Joseph Station. In addition, crews are installing the wires over the tracks on MLK Jr. Way from S. 16th St. to S. 8th St. at night. This week, the contractor will finish the temporary signal work at the Division Avenue and MLK Jr. Way intersection, and may move to the S. 15th St. and MLK Jr. Way intersection.
On Commerce Street, crews are installing track, curb, gutter, paving and the platform for the Old City Hall Station. On E. 25th Street, crews are installing track, curb, gutter, and paving.
Looking ahead, the contractor plans to install signals at the Tacoma Avenue and N. 1st St. intersection on Sept. 21 and start paving Stadium Way as soon as Sept. 22.
Construction and traffic restrictions at Commerce Street, S. 7th Street, Stadium Way, Division Avenue, Martin Luther King Jr. Way, and E. 25th Street.
Week of September 13
- Commerce Street from I-705 to S. 9th – southbound lane closure.
- 7th Street at Commerce Street – no left-turn.
- Stadium Way from Broadway to I-705 – southbound lane closed. Please follow the detour on St. Helens to Market Street, Tacoma Avenue or Broadway.
- Division Avenue and Martin Luther King Jr. Way intersection – traffic restrictions.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Way from S. 13th to S. 10th St. – traffic restrictions.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Way from S. 19th to S. 15th St – southbound lane closure.
- 25th Street from E. G St. to E. J St. – eastbound lane closure.