A press release from Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department.
On Sept. 15, our 14-day case rate per 100,000 for Aug. 24-Sept. 6 is 640.4. The 14-day case rate offers the most reliable look at COVID-19 disease burden on Pierce County.
Our hospitalization rate is currently 16.2 per 100,000.
Today, we confirmed 335 COVID-19 cases and 6 new deaths:
- A woman in her 70s from Tacoma.
- A man in his 40s from Lake Tapps/Sumner Area.
- A man in his 50s from an unknown location in Pierce County.
- A man in his 50s from Lake Tapps/Sumner Area.
- A man in his 80s from Frederickson.
- A man in his 70s from Lakewood.
Our totals are 76,501 cases (PCR = 68,141, antigen = 8,360) and 739 deaths.
As of today, 50% of Pierce County residents are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccinations are our best defense against COVID-19. They’re safe, effective and free. Find your dose at tpchd.org/vaxtothefuture.
Find more information on: