A press release from Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department.
On Sept. 13, our 14-day case rate per 100,000 for Aug. 20-Sept. 2 is 675.6. The 14-day case rate offers the most reliable look at COVID-19 disease burden on Pierce County.
Our hospitalization rate is currently 16.3 per 100,000.
Today, we confirmed 295 COVID-19 cases and 6 new deaths:
- A woman in her 70s from Edgewood/Fife/Milton.
- A man in his 50s from Lake Tapps/Sumner Area.
- A woman in her 80s from Spanaway.
- A man in his 80s from Gig Harbor Area.
- A man in his 50s from Tacoma.
- A woman in her 30s from Tacoma.
On Saturday we confirmed 521 cases. On Sunday we confirmed 326 cases.
Our totals are 75,877 cases (PCR = 67,667, antigen = 8,210) and 727 deaths.
Find more information on:
- Case counts, hospitalizations, testing and other metrics.
- Vaccination metrics.
- COVID-19 vaccines.
- Getting a COVID-19 test.
- Childcare and schools.