A press release from Sound Transit.
Crews will install curb, gutter and some sidewalk panels on the west side of Stadium Way, going from S. 4th St. to I-705. This work started on Sept. 7 and will take about 10 days. In addition, crews are replacing the test track on the west side of Stadium Way just south of Division Ave. Stadium Way is closed to southbound traffic from Broadway to I-705, and S. 4th St. is closed to eastbound traffic from Broadway to Stadium Way. Stadium Way is open to northbound traffic from I-705 to Tacoma Ave. To access northbound Stadium Way, please follow Commerce St. from S. 7th St. or take the I-705 exit – thank you. To access I-705 and downtown, please follow the detours on Tacoma Avenue, Broadway and St. Helens. We apologize for these inconveniences.
On Martin Luther King Jr. Way, crews are installing curb and gutter on the east side of MLK Jr. Way from S. 13th St. to S. 10th St. and on the west side of MLK Jr. Way from S. 19th St. to S. 16th St., including building the St. Joseph Station. In addition, crews are installing the wires over the tracks on MLK Jr. Way from S. 16th St. to S. 8th St. at night. Crews also are installing signals at the Division Avenue and MLK Jr. Way intersection.
On Commerce Street, crews are installing track, curb, gutter, paving and the platform for the Old City Hall Station. On E. 25th Street, crews are installing track, curb, gutter, and paving.
Looking ahead, the contractor plans to install the canopy for the Stadium District station and start paving Stadium Way in late September.
Construction and traffic restrictions at Commerce Street, S. 7th Street, Stadium Way, S. 4th Street, Division Avenue, Martin Luther King Jr. Way, and E. 25th Street.
Week of September 7
- Commerce Street from I-705 to S. 9th St. – southbound lane closure.
- Commerce Street from S. 9th St. to crosswalk north of Theater District Station – northbound lane closed to thru traffic during working hours (generally 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
- S. 7th Street at Commerce Street – no left-turn.
- Stadium Way from Broadway to I-705 – southbound lane closed. Please follow the detour on Tacoma Ave., St. Helens or Broadway.
- S. 4th Street from Broadway to Stadium Way – eastbound lane closure.
- Division Avenue and Martin Luther King Jr. Way intersection – traffic restrictions.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Way from S. 13th St. to S. 10th St. – traffic restrictions.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Way from S. 19th St. to S. 15th St – southbound lane closure.
- E. 25th Street from E. G St. to E. J St. – eastbound lane closure.