A press release from Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department.
On Sept. 3, our 14-day case rate per 100,000 for Aug. 12-25 is 640.8. The 14-day case rate offers the most reliable look at COVID-19 disease burden on Pierce County.
Our hospitalization rate is currently 19.65 per 100,000.
Today, we confirmed 448 COVID-19 cases and 7 new deaths:
- A woman in her 50s from East Pierce County.
- A woman in her 80s from South Hill.
- A woman in her 80s from the Gig Harbor area.
- A man in his 80s from the Gig Harbor area.
- A man in his 40s from Edgewood/Fife/Milton.
- A woman in her 70s from University Place.
- A woman in her 60s from Lakewood.
Our totals are 63,995 cases and 680 deaths.
We’ve reported 25 COVID-19 deaths in the last this week. Rising case rates and hospitalizations are leading to more deaths. If you have symptoms, get tested. Please get vaccinated and mask up.
Find more information on: