A press release from Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department.
On Sept. 2, our 14-day case rate per 100,000 for Aug. 11-24 is 637.1. The 14-day case rate offers the most reliable look at COVID-19 disease burden on Pierce County.
Our hospitalization rate is currently 17.4 per 100,000.
Today, we confirmed 504 COVID-19 cases and 6 new deaths:
- A man in his 70s from Lakewood.
- A man in his 60s from Puyallup.
- A second man in his 70s from Lakewood.
- A man in his 50s from Spanaway.
- A woman in her 50s from Tacoma.
- A man in his 50s from Graham.
Our totals are 63,547 cases and 673 deaths.
We’ve reported 18 COVID-19 deaths in the last four days. Rising case rates and hospitalizations are leading to more deaths. If you have symptoms, get tested. Please get vaccinated and mask up.
Find more information on: