A press release from Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department.
On Sept 1, our 14-day case rate per 100,000 for Aug. 10-23 is 625. The 14-day case rate offers the most reliable look at COVID-19 disease burden on Pierce County.
Our hospitalization rate is currently 16.9 per 100,000.
Today, we confirmed 379 COVID-19 cases and 6 new deaths:
- A man in his 70s from South Pierce County.
- A man in his 60s from Tacoma.
- A woman in her 70s from East Pierce County.
- A woman in her 60s from Graham.
- A woman in her 50s from Tacoma.
- A woman in her 70s from Spanaway.
Our totals are 63,043 cases and 667 deaths.
We’ve reported 12 COVID-19 deaths in the last three days. Rising case rates and hospitalizations are leading to more deaths. If you have symptoms, get tested. Please get vaccinated and mask up.
Find more information on: