A press release from Sound Transit.
Crews will install catenary wires over the tracks along the route on MLK Jr. Way from S. 16th St to S. 8th St. This work begins on Monday, Aug 30 and runs through Thursday, September 23. This work will be completed at night from 9pm-6am and in most of this area parking will not be available on MLK Jr. Way. We apologize for the inconveniences.
Curb and gutter work continues on the east side of MLK Jr. Way from S. 13th St. to S. 10th St. Curb and gutter work also continues from S. 19th to S 16th with southbound closure of MLK Jr. Way from S 15th to S. 19th to construct the station at S 19th St/St. Joseph Station. Please follow the detours on S. J St. – thank you.
On Commerce Street, crews are installing track, curb, gutter, paving and the platform for the Old City Hall Station. On E. 25th Street, crews are installing track, curb, gutter, and paving.
Looking ahead, the contractor will start signals work at the Division Avenue and MLK Jr. Way intersection.
Construction and traffic restrictions at Commerce Street, S. 7th Street, Stadium Way, Division Avenue, Martin Luther King Jr. Way, and E. 25th Street.
Week of August 30
- Commerce Street from I-705 to S. 9th St. – southbound lane closure.
- Commerce Street from crosswalk north of Theater District Station to S. 7th St. – northbound lane closed to thru traffic during working hours (generally 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
- S. 7th Street at Commerce Street – no left-turn.
- Stadium Way from Broadway to S. 4th St – southbound lane closed. Please follow the detour on Tacoma Ave., St. Helens or Broadway.
- Division Avenue from Broadway to Stadium Way – closed to thru traffic.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Way from S. 19th St. to S. 15th St – southbound lane closure.
- E. 25th Street from E. G St. to E. J St. – eastbound lane closure.