An announcement from Sound Transit.
Crews are scheduled to complete the curb and gutter work on the east side of Martin Luther King Jr. Way from S. 16th St. to S. 13th St. on Friday, Aug. 6. Then, as soon as Monday, Aug. 9, the contractor will move the curb and gutter work to two areas: the east side of MLK Jr. Way from S. 13th St. to S. 10th St. and the west side of MLK Jr. Way from S. 19th St. to S. 16th St. This week, crews will continue signals work at intersections on MLK Jr. Way and S. 9th St. and 6th Ave. In addition, crews are installing overhead wire spans on MLK Jr. Way from Earnest Brazill St. to 6th Avenue and in the Stadium curve. There is no parking near the wire work. As the work advances, parking will open.
In the Stadium District, crews are installing track on the west side of Stadium Way across Division Avenue. On Commerce Street, crews are installing track, curb, gutter, paving and the platform for the Old City Hall Station. On E. 25th Street, crews are installing track, curb and gutter, and paving.
Looking ahead, the contractor will install overhead catenary wires on MLK Jr. Way from S. 19th St. to S. 15th St. as soon as Aug. 9. Crews will start signal work at Earnest Brazill St. and MLK Jr. Way next week. Crews also will install another track component on E. 25th St., closing McKinley Ave E. at E. 25th St. on Aug. 9.
Construction and traffic restrictions at Commerce Street, S. 7th Street, Stadium Way, Division Avenue, Martin Luther King Jr. Way, 6th Avenue, S. 9th Street, and E. 25th Street
Week of August 2
- Commerce Street from I-705 to S. 9th St. – southbound lane closure.
- Commerce Street from crosswalk north of Theater District Station to S. 7th St. – northbound lane closed to thru traffic during working hours (generally 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
- S. 7th Street at Commerce Street – no left-turn.
- Stadium Way from Broadway to just south of Division Ave – southbound lane closed. Please follow the detour on Tacoma Ave., St. Helens or Broadway.
- Division Avenue from Broadway to Stadium Way – closed to thru traffic.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Way and 6th Avenue intersection – traffic restrictions.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Way and S. 9th Street intersection – traffic restrictions.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Way from S. 16th Street to S. 13th St. and Earnest Brazill St. to 6th Avenue – traffic restrictions.
- E. 25th Street from E. G St. to McKinley Ave. E – street closure.
- E. 25th Street from McKinley Ave. to E. J St – eastbound lane closure.