A press release from Sound Transit.
Nighttime road closure of 5th Street Northwest between 2nd Avenue Northwest and West Stewart Avenue to install the pedestrian bridge over 5th Street Northwest.
- Road closures are expected over four weeknights:
- Wednesday night, Aug 4th – 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Thursday night, Aug 5th – 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Monday night, Aug 9th – 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Tuesday night, Aug 10th – 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
5th Street Northwest between 2nd Avenue Northwest and West Stewart Avenue. (See map.)
- Signed detours will be in place.
- Additional night closures of 5th Street Northwest are expected later in August.
- The work may create minimal noise impacts.
- As described in previous alerts, 3rd Avenue Northwest between 5th and 6th Streets has closed permanently, and several sidewalks are closed through early 2022, including: the north side of 3rd Avenue between 6th and 7th Streets, the east side of 6th Street between 2nd and 3rd Avenues, and the west side of 5th Street between the railroad tracks and 2nd Avenue.