A press release from Sound Transit.
Crews continue installing curb and gutter on the east side of Martin Luther King Jr. Way from S. 16th Street to S. 13th Street, and will start installing the overhead wires from S. 15th Street to Earnest Brazill Street this week. Flaggers may hold traffic for about 5-10 minutes as the wires are installed. To avoid this delay, please follow the detour on S. J St. and allow extra time to reach your destination. In addition, crews are installing signals on MLK Jr. Way in the S. 9th St. and 6th Avenue intersections. Two-way traffic is maintained on MLK Jr. Way. Parking may not be available near this work.
In the Stadium District, crews are installing the remaining section of track on the west side of Stadium Way across Division Avenue. On Commerce Street, crews are installing track, curb, gutter, paving and the platform for the Old City Hall Station. On E. 25th Street, crews are installing track, curb and gutter, and paving.
Construction and traffic restrictions at Commerce Street, S. 7th Street, Stadium Way, Division Avenue, Martin Luther King Jr. Way, 6th Avenue, S. 9th Street, and E. 25th Street
Week of July 26
- Commerce Street from crosswalk north of Theater District Station to S. 7th St. – northbound lane closure during working hours (generally 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
- Commerce Street from I-705 to S. 9th St. – southbound lane closure.
- S. 7th Street at Commerce Street – no left-turn.
- Stadium Way from Broadway to just south of Division Ave – southbound lane closed. Please follow the detour on Tacoma Ave., St. Helens or Broadway.
- Division Avenue from Broadway to Stadium Way – closed to thru traffic.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Way and 6th Avenue intersection – traffic restrictions.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Way and S. 9th Street intersection – traffic restrictions.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Way from S. 16th Street to Earnest Brazill St. – traffic restrictions.
- E. 25th Street from E. G St. to McKinley Ave. E – street closure.
- E. 25th Street from McKinley Ave. to E. J St – eastbound lane closure.