A press release from Pierce Transit.
On July 27, Pierce Transit will resume in-person reception in Lakewood with modified hours and location. In March 2020, to protect customers and agency employees during the spread of COVID-19, Pierce Transit closed its administrative and customer service offices to the public. The Bus Shop customer service office at Tacoma Dome Station resumed regular operating hours July 1, 2021.
On Tuesday, July 27:
- Pierce Transit will open its Lakewood visitor reception area in the lobby of the agency’s Training Building at 3720 96th Street SW, Lakewood. The public reception location is moving temporarily from Pierce Transit’s main headquarters building at 3701 – 96th Street SW to the Training Building across 96th Street due to construction at the main headquarters location.
- This location will be open to the public Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Customers may also reach the agency by phone at 253.581.8000, option 1, option 1.
- Services provided at this location include general information about agency services; information and applications for SHUTTLE paratransit eligibility; employment opportunities; receipt of procurement packets from vendors; assistance with bike lost & found; and receipt of documents for assorted departments.
On Thursday, July 1:
- The Bus Shop at Tacoma Dome Station, Pierce Transit’s Customer Service office, reopened its lobby to visitors.
- Customers may reach Pierce Transit’s Customer Service staff by visiting The Bus Shop at 505 E 25th Street, Tacoma, weekdays from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. or by phone weekdays from 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. at 253.581.8000, option 1, option 1.
- Federal mask requirements remain in place for indoor public transportation areas. To meet the mandate, masks are required at The Bus Shop, regardless of vaccination status.