On Oct. 30, we confirmed 105 new COVID-19 cases and 2 new deaths:
- A woman in her 80s from Puyallup, underlying health conditions are unknown.
- A woman in her 80s from Spanaway, with underlying health conditions.
Our totals are 10,187 cases and 193 deaths.
We have reported 1,276 cases in the last 14 days. Our 14-day case rate per 100,000 is 141.5. Our average cases per day over the last 14 days is 91.1.
With the 6-day data lag, our case rate is at 128.6 per 100,000. The data lag helps to ensure accuracy and is a required element of Safe Start metrics for movement into phases and other re-opening requirements, such as schools.
- Those under 20 make up 11.8% of the total number of cases and 17.1% of cases in the past 2 weeks.
- The 20-39 age group comprise the highest number of COVID-19 cases at 38.4% of total cases in the past 2 weeks.
- Our percent of people testing positive has increased since the beginning of the month. It increased from 4.1% to 4.5% from October 4-17.
If you have symptoms or may have had contact with someone who has COVID-19, please get tested!
See our Safe Start dashboard for testing information and other local data we’re tracking for the governor’s Safe Start Washington Plan.