The Lakewood First Lions Club, which began on March 17, 1954, is looking for new members. The club’s motto is “We Serve” and we mean it.
Your joining our club allows us to:
- Expand our work in protecting the gifts of sight and hearing by testing students in the Clover Park School District when schools are open again, and assisting low income residents with obtaining glasses and hearing aids
- Actively support our vulnerable children and their families in collaboration with the Clover Park School District and Caring for Kids
- Support the community of Springbrook with seasonal activities
- Care about the Lakewood environment, including Adopt A Street
- Support children regarding diabetes awareness and prevention
- Collaborate with other service club on their projects
- Make Lakewood a vital, diverse place to grow and thrive; and most important……..
- Have fun
Membership in the Lions club offers a number of benefits include effecting change within the community, developing leadership skills, gaining understanding of international humanitarian issues and getting to know our community leaders.
Lakewood First Lions Club members:
- Attend meetings from noon – 1p.m. on the second and fourth Monday of the month at The Ram Restaurant in Lakewood when it reopens. Currently we meet on zoom from noon to 1 p.m.
- Pay modest annual dues to the club.
- Participate in fundraising and community projects
- Enjoy meeting and supporting other Lions………….we are a fun bunch of folks!
For more information, or to attend a meeting, contact Jan McCaffrey at 253-219-0313 or Eric Warn at 253-222-3742