For those experiencing financial hardship who are essential workers or need to take an essential trip, Pierce Transit works with many social service organizations around the area to provide reduced-price tickets that they make available for free to clients. The agency is also providing a number of free tickets to those organizations, funded by a grant. Pierce Transit is committed to ensuring that essential workers and those who need to make an essential trip, and cannot afford a bus pass, will be able to reach their destination.
Customers have several options for purchasing fares and getting route information:
- The Bus Shop at Tacoma Dome Station is open weekdays with limited hours, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Only two customers may be in the lobby area at a time for social distancing, and facial coverings are highly recommended.
- Customers can reach Pierce Transit Customer Services by phone at 253.581.8000, Option 1, 1, weekdays from 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Customers may purchase Pierce Transit tickets and passes through the Hopthru app.
- ORCA customers can call 888.889.6368, weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. to get assistance.
- ORCA retail outlets are open; visit PierceTransit.org/orca-outlets for Pierce Co. locations, hours, forms of payment.
- ORCA Ticket Vending Machines are available; visit www.orcacard.com for locations.
- Bus locator assistance:
- Text 253.533.7084, enter bus stop number found on pole
- Use a bus locator app, such as Transit or One Bus Away