The Division Avenue and K Street/MLK Jr. Way intersection will be completely closed so the contractor can install part of a water line on Saturday, Dec. 14. The work hours are 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. In addition, a Puget Sound Energy crew will relocate a gas line on MLK Jr. Way from Division Ave. to S. 3rd St. during the weekend of Dec. 14 and 15.
The contractor continues to install track on Stadium Way and will work this weekend, Dec. 14 and 15, in between Division Avenue and S. 4th Street. On Hilltop, crews are welding rail on the east side of Martin Luther King Jr. Way in between S. 15th Street and S. 18th Street and will install a water line on MLK Jr. Way at the intersection of MLK Jr/Way and S. 7th Street. The contractor will pave MLK Jr. Way from S. 18th to S. 17th St. later this week. The contractor continues utility work, using “jack-and-bore” operations on MLK Jr. Way from S. 3rd St. to S. 5th St.
Construction and traffic restrictions on Martin Luther King Jr. Way, S. 17th Street, S. 16th Street, S. 7th Street, Division Avenue, and Stadium Way
Week of December 9
- Martin Luther King Jr. Way from S. 19th St. to S. 16th St. – street closure on Dec. 12 and 13. Follow detours on S. J St.
- S. 17th Street and S. 16th Street east of MLK Jr. Way – intersection closure.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Way from S. 9th St. to S. 6th St. – lane restrictions.
- S. 7th Street on both sides of MLK Jr. Way for a half-block – street closure.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Way from S. 3rd St. to S. 5th St. – lane restrictions.
- Division Avenue and Martin Luther King Jr. Way/K St intersection – intersection closure on Dec. 14.
- Division Avenue from J Street to K Street – westbound lane closure.
- Stadium Way from Broadway to the 705 onramp — southbound lane closure; use detours. Follow detours on Tacoma Avenue, St. Helens, and Broadway. Stadium Way is open northbound from I-705 to Tacoma Avenue.