Pierce County’s total employment is up again with over 17K jobs added since the year prior.
- Unemployment climbed 0.2 points to 5.1 percent for a year-over increase of 2.8K unemployed workers.
- Demand for new hires remains strong with 12.7K active job postings, largely driven by retail and healthcare.
- Check back later this month for a third quarter update to occupation and wage estimates.
- So far this year, demand for Registered Nurses has risen 55 percent, bringing it within grasp of the region’s top occupation by total job ads.
- Demand for Retail Salespersons continues to hold strong, but this will likely wane in the new year as employers adjust to seasonal labor needs.