The contractor continues construction work on Martin Luther King Jr. Way, Division Avenue and Stadium Way. On Hilltop, crews are welding rail on the east side of Martin Luther King Jr. Way in between S. 15th Street and S. 18th Street and continue installing a water line on MLK Jr. Way from S. 9th Street to S. 7th Street. In addition, crews are installing utilities on MLK Jr. Way between S. 3rd St. and S. 5th St., using “jack-and-bore” operations. On Division Avenue, crews continue utility work near K Street. The contractor is installing track and foundations for Link power poles on the east side of Stadium Way.
From Thanksgiving to New Year’s Day, the contractor will not be working in specific areas in the Hilltop and Stadium business districts. These “holiday moratorium” areas include Martin Luther King Jr. Way between S. 9th Street and S. 15th Street, N. 1st Street from Tacoma Avenue to Division Avenue, and Division Avenue from Yakima Avenue to N. J Street. Crews will work on Division Avenue near K Street during this time, including the possibility of working one weekend in December. If the contractor requests to work in additional “holiday moratorium” areas, we will obtain input from adjacent businesses.
Additional construction and traffic restrictions this week:
- Martin Luther King Jr. Way from S. 18th to S. 15th Streets – lane restrictions.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Way from S. 9th Street to S. 6th Street – lane restrictions and southbound lane closure.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Way from S. 3rd St. to S. 5th St. – lane restrictions.
- Division Avenue from J Street to K Street – lane closure.
- Stadium Way from Broadway to the 705 onramp — southbound lane closure; use detours.