This year marks the 33rd year of Mary Bridge Children’s Festival of Trees. The event has raised more than $34 million for Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital and Health Network. The event is organized by the Mary Bridge Children’s Foundation – in partnership with the Mary Bridge Brigade. Last year, Festival of Trees raised $1.7 million.
Festival of Trees includes a series of special events. All events showcase 31 uniquely decorated holiday trees, mini-trees and wreaths.
Mary Bridge Children’s has been caring for children and comforting families for more than sixty years. It is Southwest Washington’s only pediatric hospital and because of donor support, it provides the highest quality of care for all children regardless of a family’s ability to pay. For more information, visit here
Details about Mary Bridge Children’s Festival of Trees special events
Location: Greater Tacoma Convention Center 1500 Commerce St, Tacoma, WA 98402, Fifth Floor Exhibition Hall
Designer Day – Wednesday, Dec. 4 from 9am – 4pm
- Festival of Trees tree designers will be decorating their trees. This is a great opportunity to get photos of the trees and chat with designers, event organizers and Mary Bridge Children’s leadership.
- Of special note is a tree designer named Amy Bond. She was inspired to volunteer as a tree designer because of the care her daughter received at MultiCare and Mary Bridge Children’s during a mental health crisis. Full story here: www.multicare.org/news/after-treatment-every-day-is-healing/
Bridge Builders Recognition Luncheon – Thursday, Dec. 5 from 11:30am-1pm
- Bridge Builders is a special donor recognition luncheon where awards are given to various Mary Bridge Children’s heroes, including a Physician Hero, Volunteer Hero and two Patient Heroes. Award recipients do not know they are receiving the awards. The event is well-attended by donors and MultiCare and Mary Bridge Children’s leadership/staff. The Snyder family will be speaking at the event. CeCe Snyder is a 19-year-old with Down syndrome who was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia in 2018. She has received all her care at Mary Bridge Children’s and her family will be thanking donor for their role in supporting the family through CeCe’s journey.
MultiCare Employee & Volunteer Night – Thursday, Dec. 5 from 4pm-8pm
- MultiCare employees, volunteers and their families are invited to enjoy the festive trees and holiday cheer for free.
Public Hours – Friday, Dec. 6 (9am-1pm) and Saturday, Dec. 7 (9am-1pm)
- Adults: $6, Children 5-12: $2, Children under 5: FREE
- FREE admission with a non-perishable food item. Donations will benefit families staying at Tree House while their child receives care at Mary Bridge. In 2018, food items donated during Public Hours stocked the Tree House pantry for the first 6 months of 2019.
- Includes entertainment from local musical/performance groups.