The Division Avenue and I Street intersection will be completely closed for underground utility work during the weekend of Nov. 16-17. Work hours are 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Crews will work on a water line at Division and J St. on Nov. 13. In addition, crews expect to finish welding rail on Division Avenue this week. Then, the track will be stored on Division Avenue near S. G Street until it is installed.
In Hilltop, rail segments will arrive on the east side of MLK Jr. Way between S. 18th St. and S. 15th St. as early as Nov. 14. Rail welding is expected to start next week. In addition, crews will move the water line work on Martin Luther King Jr. Way to the area between S. 9th Street and S. 7th Street. Crews continue utility work in the S. 14th St. intersection. The contractor will do electrical work at the MLK Jr. Way and 17th St. intersection.
Crews continue to pothole and then install foundations for Link power poles on N. 1st Street from Division Avenue to Tacoma Avenue. On Stadium Way, crews are installing track and foundations for Link power poles.
Additional construction and traffic restrictions this week:
- Division Avenue from I Street to Yakima Avenue – lane restriction.
- Division Avenue from J Street to K Street – lane closure.
- Division Avenue and I Street intersection – intersection closure.
- N. 1st Street from Division Avenue to Tacoma Avenue – lane restrictions.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Way from S. 9th Street to S. 7th Street – lane restrictions.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Way between S. 13th to 15th Street – northbound lane closure.
- S. 17th Street and Martin Luther King Kr. Way – intersection closure.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Way from S. 19th to S. 16th Streets – lane restrictions.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Way from S. 3rd St. to S. 5th St. – lane restrictions.
- S. 4th St. between Broadway and Stadium Way – closed.
- Stadium Way from Broadway to the 705 onramp — southbound lane closure; use detours.