Submitted by Joe Barrantine.
We’re excited to kick off the 2019 Tacoma Diaper Drive. We need your help to make this year’s drive a success.
Recently, we checked in with St. Leo Food Connection and learned they ran out of wipes 6 weeks ago and currently only have size 3 diapers.
The Food Connection is the second largest food bank in Pierce County. They served 1.6 million meals in 2018. Clients can visit five days a week. Diapers are handed out six per day per child.
In 2018 we collected nearly 24,000 diapers and 30,000 wipes.
This year, we would love to meet the needs for all of 2020. Our goal is to collect or purchase 40,000 diapers and 80,000 wipes.
How you can help:
- Host a collection bin – are you a local business or non-profit with a high-traffic area? We’d love to place one of our red bins at your location. We’ve had the best success with locations with repeat clientele – office lobbies, banks, churches, coffee shops, etc. If you’d like to host one, please contact us.
- Donate online – Diapers are expensive. Disposable diapers cost an average of $75 per month per baby. If you do the math – that’s almost $1,000 a year! 100% of the funds collected during this drive will be used to purchase diapers and wipes for The Food Connection. Donate here.
- Host a flyer – does your workplace have a bulletin board? If your answer is “yes,” then we have flyers for you.
- Volunteer at the Food Connection – Extra hands are always appreciated!
- Share this post with friends and social communities. Help us get the word out!
Thank you for all your help to make this year’s drive a success.Print This Post