TACOMA – Travelers who use State Route 16 and Interstate 5 in Tacoma will have a handful of overnight ramp and lane closures to navigate through during the week of Nov. 11.
The closures allow contractor crews on two separate HOV construction projects to finish installing signs, and perform drainage and electrical work. During the closures, signed detours will be in place.
Some work is weather dependent and may be rescheduled.
Overnight lane closures:
- Travelers on both directions of I-5 from 70th Avenue East in Fife to South 56th Street in Tacoma can expect single and double lane closures each night between 11 p.m. to 4 a.m. Overnight lane closures will also occur on eastbound SR 16 from Center Street to Sprague Avenue each night from 11 p.m. to 4 a.m.
Overnight ramp closures:
Monday, Nov. 11
- Center Street on-ramp to eastbound SR 16 will close from 11 p.m. to 4 a.m. Tuesday.
- Portland Avenue/28th Street on-ramp to northbound I-5 will close from 11 p.m. to 4 a.m. Tuesday.
- Northbound I-5 exit to Portland Avenue will close from 11 p.m. to 4 a.m. Tuesday.
Tuesday, Nov. 12
- Southbound I-5 exit to Bay Street will close from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. Wednesday.
Wednesday, Nov. 13
- Southbound I-5 exit to Bay Street will close from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. Thursday.
Travelers are reminded to please continue to watch their speed in work zones and give construction crews the room they need.
Additional Pierce County maintenance and construction information is available at TacomaTraffic.com. Before heading out the door, travelers can find the latest road conditions on the WSDOT app and by following the WSDOT regional Twitter feed.Print This Post