The contractor will start welding rail on Division Avenue near I Street and Wright Park this week. The welding operation will look like an assembly line as the rail moves off the pile through polishing, welding, grinding, and inspection. Five rail segments will be welded together to create a 195 ft. long welded string of rail. Then, the welded rail will be stored on Division Avenue near S. G Street for track installation in early 2020.
On Stadium Way, crews will start to install track on the east side of Stadium Way just north of Division Avenue. From 4th Street to the 705 onramp, the contractor continues to install track on the west side of Stadium Way. On N. 1st St., crews will pothole and then install foundations for Link power poles between Division Avenue and Tacoma Avenue.
In Hilltop, crews continue to work on the water line on Martin Luther King Jr. Way from S. 11th Street to S. 9th Street, and do utility work in the S. 14th St. intersection.
Looking ahead, crews plan to work in the Division Avenue and I St. intersection during the weekend of November 16. After completing rail welding on Division Avenue, the contractor plans to do rail welding on Martin Luther King Jr. Way in between 18th Street and 16th Street, as early as November 18.
Additional construction and traffic restrictions this week:
- Division Avenue from I Street to Yakima Avenue – lane restriction.
- Division Avenue from J Street to K Street – lane closure.
- N. 1st Street from Division Avenue to Tacoma Avenue – lane restrictions.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Way from S. 11th Street to S. 9th Street – lane restrictions and street closure.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Way between S. 13th to 15th Street – northbound lane closure.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Way from S. 3rd St. to S. 5th St. – lane restrictions.
- S. 4th St. between Broadway and Stadium Way – closed.
- Stadium Way from Broadway to the 705 onramp — southbound lane closure; use detours.
- E. 25th Street from McKinely to J St – eastbound lane closure.