DUPONT – Drivers who use northbound Interstate 5 through DuPont and Joint Base Lewis-McChord (JBLM) are advised to plan for extra travel time during the overnight hours of Tuesday, Feb. 26, and Thursday, Feb. 28, for maintenance and construction activities.
Tuesday, Feb. 26
- 8:30 p.m. – Contractor crews widening I-5 through JBLM will close both the northbound I-5 on- and off-ramps at 41st Division Drive through 4:30 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 27.
- 10 p.m. – Washington State Department of Transportation maintenance crews will close the following for pothole repairs. All facilities will reopen by 5 a.m. Wednesday:
- Northbound I-5 exit to the Mounts Road weigh station
- Center Drive on-ramp to northbound I-5
- Northbound I-5 exit to Steilacoom-DuPont Road
- Two lanes of northbound I-5 from the Mounts Road weigh station to the Pendleton overpass
During this work, the Steilacoom-DuPont Road on-ramp to northbound I-5 will remain open. All southbound I-5 exits through DuPont will remain open.
Thursday, Feb. 28
- Both the northbound I-5 on- and off-ramps at 41st Division Drive will close from 9:30 p.m. to 4:30 a.m. Friday, March 1.
This work is weather sensitive. During the closures, drivers will follow signed detours.