Here’s your opportunity to be part of a fundraising effort for five well-deserving students from our high schools, technical college and community college.
The Lakewood Chamber of Commerce and TwinStar Credit Union invites local restaurants and caterers to participate in the 2019 Rock-n-Roll Cafe Scholarship Fundraiser for five local students on Thursday, April 4, 2019, from 11:30 am – 1:30 pm at the McGavick Conference Center.
It’s easy… Up to 10 local restaurants and caterers are invited to showcase a “taste” of their signature dish at the Luncheon. Not only do you support our local students ~ you also have an opportunity to promote your business!
Here’s how it works… Lunch guests pay an entry fee and are provided with a “cafeteria tray.” Approximately 125-150 will attend – (general public is invited). They visit each participating vendor and get a “taste” (6-8 oz) of their chosen food specialty. All attendees are the “judges” and are provided with a ballot to select their favorite entrant. It’s an opportunity to have face-time with local business people, community members and educational leaders ~ and to show your support for the greater good.
The five selected scholarship recipients will be presented with scholarships at the Chamber’s June 6th General Membership Luncheon at Tacoma Country & Golf Club.
- There is no entry fee
- A temporary Food Establishment Application Form must be submitted to the Chamber
- The Chamber covers the “Umbrella” Application & Fees
- Each restaurant/caterer must pay the cost of your food
- Only 10 entrants will be eligible to participate.
- Winning Restaurant/Caterer has bragging rights for a year with a huge trophy!
- Deadline to sign up is February 28, 2019
- Sign Up today by calling the Chamber at 253-582-9400 or go to lakewood-chamber.org/ and download an application form