Formerly titled Case Manager, the Living Access Support Alliance (LASA) is seeing a Housing Stability Coordinator.
Join a hard working team in the fight against homelessness. LASA is a dynamic, grass roots organization dedicated to the prevention of homelessness and recurrent homelessness. The person filling this position will be responsible for a case load of families experiencing homelessness. You will be one part cheerleader, one part coach and one part guidance counselor. There is also the joy of paperwork to fulfill the requirements of our funders.
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field and/or four (4) years experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and coordinate multiple projects.
- Ability to gather, analyze and evaluate a variety of data.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Prefer two (2) years case management experience
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team
- Self-motivated and well organized
- Ability to work with families in crisis and help them plan for self-sufficiency
- Ability to coordinate and maintain relationships with other social/human service agencies and community resources
- Ability to maintain client records and complete required reports
- Familiarity with Spanish is a plus.
- Familiarity with HMIS systems is a plus.
- Client needs assessment and evaluation
- Referrals of clients to support services
- Employment coaching and assistance
- Unit preparation for move-in
- Housing advocacy for clients
- Client record keeping and data collection
- Cultivation of strong collaborative relationships with community resources
- Ability to be compassionate, nonjudgmental.
- Ability to set clear boundaries.
- Experience working with diverse populations including people with active mental health and chemical dependency issues is a plus.
- Possess good verbal and written communication.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and automobile insurance.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Demonstrates the necessary attitudes, knowledge and skills to deliver culturally competent services and work effectively in multi-cultural situations.
Assist with special projects
- Christmas and Holiday give aways
- File upkeep
- Grant Compliance
- Preparation of grants
- Salary DOE Range Flexible work schedule
- Employer contribution toward medical and dental after 30 days for F/T
- Mileage for work-related travel Paid vacations and holidays
- Valid driver’s license, auto insurance and bondable
- Able to pick up 45 pounds
- If you would like to join us, submit your resume and in no more than 1-2 pages answer the following:
- Do you prefer full time or part time?
- Are you familiar with HMIS?
- Describe your experience with contract compliance-
- How many work days work have you missed in the past year?
- What is your salary history and expectations? When would you be able to start?
- Do you have reliable transportation? Do you speak any language beside English?
We are an equal opportunity employer. Must demonstrate cultural sensitivity and dedication to serve homeless populations without regard to gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, race, national origin, or religion.
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS.
For best consideration send your response to Betty@lasawa.org by Jan 16. In subject line type: Housing Stability Coordinator. 1 P/T and 1 F/T position.