TACOMA, Wash. – Beginning Aug. 22, Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department will recognize 10 companies that made special efforts to balance business with environmentally responsible practices. The companies are part of the Health Department’s EnviroStars program, which gives companies incentives to reduce hazardous materials and waste to protect public health, municipal systems, and the environment.
“For more than a year, the companies improved their environmental practices that, in turn, helped make our communities better places for people to live, learn, work, and play,” said Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department Environmental Health Specialist Troy Rowan who selected the companies for recognition. “The radio spots reward their work to become better environmental stewards,” Rowan said.
The companies recognized in the radio spots, which the Health Department underwrote, are:
- Tacoma: Brooks Dental Studios, Courtesy Auto Service and Tire, Pacific Container Corporation.
- Lakewood: Dental Health Associates, Mercedes Auto Service, Tveten’s Auto Clinic.
- Gig Harbor: Dental Practice of Dr. Matthew Stadler, Gig Harbor Auto Service.
- University Place: McPhee Dental Group.
- Locations Across Pierce County: Light Dental Studios.
The radio spots featuring these 10 EnviroStars companies will air beginning Aug. 22 on KPLU-FM radio during the station’s programming.
Learn more about the EnviroStars program and how you can find and support EnviroStars-certified companies in your community at www.envirostars.org.Print This Post