Looking for a way to enjoy physical family activities, create world-class art, enjoy great entertainment and sample global food concoctions – all while going off the grid for a day?
This Saturday, at the City of Lakewood’s 20th Annual SummerFEST, you’ll get the chance to do that and much, much more.
The City’s official FREE summer party takes place Saturday, July 9, 2016, and is presented by CHI Franciscan, America’s Credit Union and Navy Federal Credit Union.
The details of this year’s party:
- WHAT: City of Lakewood’s 20th Annual SummerFEST
- WHEN: 11 a.m. to 11 p.m., Saturday, July 9
- WHERE: Fort Steilacoom Park, 8714 97th Avenue SW, Lakewood, WA
- COST: Free
There will be plenty of “firsts” at this year’s SummerFEST. It will be the first time the Tacoma Art Museum, the Museum of Glass and Children’s Museum of Tacoma have teamed together to create a “Passport to Arts.”
It will be the first time the City will hold 10K, 5K and 1-mile runs.
It will be the first time SummerFEST will feature 27 (yes, 27) activities for children of all ages.
Of course, the City of Lakewood will be bringing back SummerFEST staples and an entire day’s worth of activities, entertainment, food and fun:
- As always, the day will kick off with the SummerFEST Sprint Triathlon
- Performances from a number of entertainers including Seattle-based Tacocat, one of the hottest acts around, Eurodanceparty USA, violinist Geoffrey Castle, BubbleMan and children’s band The Not-Its!
- An array of athletic activities for the entire family, including trapeze classes, an Orienteering race, “Yoga in the Park,” football, baseball, outdoor bowling, golf, ping pong, ladder ball, a fitness challenge and obstacle course; Event-goers can obtain a “Passport to Sports”
- An array of arts-related activities, including a glass flameworking demonstration by the Museum of Glass, print making, chalk art, Lego competition, community art mural, face painting, Henna tattoos and clay creations; Event-goers will be able to obtain a “Passport to Arts”
- Some 20 food trucks and vendors throughout the day
- Lakewood Sister Cities International Festival, including performances representing cultures of Korea, Native Americans, Mexico/Latin America, Russia, Philippines, Hawaii and Guam
- Partners For Parks Car Show
- The party will end with the annual Movie at Dusk. This year’s feature: Minions!
For more details and to see the full lineup of fun at the City of Lakewood’s 20th Annal SummerFEST, visit the City of Lakewood’s website.Print This Post