The Pierce County Auditor’s Office is opening a special appointment period to recruit individuals to write “Against” committee statements for the August 2, 2016, Primary Election Local Voters’ Pamphlet in the following districts:
Committee members needed
- Against – City of Buckley – Emergency Medical Services Levy
- Against – Town of Eatonville – Emergency Medical Services Levy
- Against – Fire 6 Proposition No. 1 (Central Pierce) – Emergency Medical Services Levy
- Against – Fire 6 Proposition No. 1 (Central Pierce) – Fire Benefit Charge
- Against – Fire 13 (Browns Pt) – Levy Lid Lift
- Against – Fire 14 (Riverside) – Levy
- Against – Fire 16 (Key Peninsula) – Levy
- Against – Fire 17 (South Pierce Fire & Rescue) – Emergency Medical Services Levy
- Against – Fire 21 (Graham Fire & Rescue) – Emergency Medical Services Levy
These districts did not appoint committee members to prepare “Against” statements for the local voters’ pamphlet. As a result, RCW 29A.32.280 directs the Auditor’s Office to seek out and appoint up to three members to form the committee. District resolutions and explanatory statements can be found on our August 2, 2016 Primary Election webpage.
- Be a resident and registered voter of Pierce County for at least one year immediately prior to the appointment; and
- Pledge to work cooperatively with other members of the committee; and
- Have ready access to email.
- Read, understand and fulfill the obligations described in the pcvoterpamphlet. Appointments will be made in the order that the requests are received.DeadlinesThe deadline to request a committee appointment is May 17, 2016 at noon. The deadline to submit a committee statement is May 17, 2016 at 4:30 p.m.