A busy week is ahead for contractor crews working on two adjacent HOV projects in Tacoma. Drivers who use both directions of Interstate 5 from M Street to the Port of Tacoma Road during overnight hours should plan ahead for multiple ramp and lane closures during the week of Nov. 2. Signed detours will be provided for all ramp closures.
Tacoma-area Ramp Closures
- From 10 p.m. Monday, Nov. 2 to 6 a.m. Tuesday Nov. 3, the southbound I-5 exit to City Center will close. In addition, the Portland Avenue and State Route 167 on-ramps to southbound I-5 will close.
- The southbound Interstate 705 ramp to southbound State Route 7 and northbound I-5 will close between 11 p.m. to 4 a.m. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, Nov. 2-4. The same ramp will close Friday, Nov. 6 from 12:01 a.m. to 4 a.m.
- Northbound I-5 collector distributor exit to northbound I-705 will close Tuesday, Nov. 3 at 11 p.m. and reopen at 4 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 4.
- Northbound I-5 collector distributor exit to southbound SR 7 will close at 11 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 4, and reopen at 4 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 5.
- Northbound I-5 collector distributor exit to northbound I-705 will close on Friday, Nov. 6, from 12:01 a.m. to 4 a.m.
Fife-area Ramp Closures
- The southbound State Route 167 on-ramp to southbound I-5 will close starting at 9 p.m. both Wednesday, Nov. 4, and Thursday, Nov. 5. The ramp will reopen by 4 a.m. each following morning.
- The 28th street on-ramp to northbound I-5 will close at 11 p.m. both Monday, Nov. 2, and Tuesday, Nov. 3. The ramp will reopen by 4 a.m. each following morning.
- The Port of Tacoma Road on-ramp to southbound I-5 will close from Thursday, Nov. 5 at 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. Friday, Nov. 6. The ramp will close again at 12:01 a.m. to 7 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 7.
- The southbound I-5 exit to 27th/Bay Street will close from 10 p.m. Wednesday, Nov.4, to 5 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 5.
- The northbound I-5 exit to Portland Avenue will close from 12:01 a.m. to 4 a.m. on Thursday, Nov. 5.
- The Bay Street on-ramp to northbound SR 167 will close overnight from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, Nov. 2-4.
For up-to-date information on construction activity associated with the HOV projects in Tacoma and Fife, please visit the Tacomatraffic.com and the Olympic Region Weekly Construction and Traffic Updates web pages. Real-time information is available at the Tacoma traffic and cameras web page and WSDOT on Twitter.