TACOMA – Drivers traveling on Interstate 5 through Tacoma during overnight hours this week may encounter reduced lanes and ramp closures.
Revised work schedule
From 12:01 a.m. to 4 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 24, crews will close up to three lanes of southbound I-5 between M Street and Portland Avenue. One southbound lane will remain open.
Revised ramp closures
10 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 23, to 6 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 24
- Southbound Interstate 705 on-ramp to southbound I-5
- Pacific Avenue on-ramp to southbound I-5
- Southbound I-5 exits to State Route 16/South 38th Street
Additional ramp closures
11 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 24, to 4 a.m. Friday, Sept. 25
- Southbound I-705 on-ramp to northbound I-5
12:01 a.m. to 6 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 26
- Southbound I-705 on-ramp to southbound I-5
Signed detours will be provided.
These closures are related to the I-5 M Street to Portland Avenue – HOV project underway in Tacoma.
Help for drivers
The Washington State Department of Transportation has a number of online tools that includes traffic cameras and conditions. Drivers can get information from their phones via the WSDOT mobile app. Additional information is available from WSDOT email alerts and Twitter.