Starting at 8 p.m. Friday, Aug. 7, drivers who use the State Route 167 Puyallup River Bridges (Meridian) in Puyallup will need to use alternate routes to detour around a full weekend closure of the northbound and southbound bridges. Over the weekend, crews working for the Washington State Department of Transportation will move the now unused 1925 steel truss bridge away from the river to nearby WSDOT right of way. Drivers are advised to plan trips in advance and expect heavy congestion while the closures are underway.
- All lanes of northbound and southbound SR 167 (Meridian) will close from 8 p.m. Friday, Aug. 7, through 5 a.m. Monday, Aug. 10, at the Puyallup River.
- Crews will also close the southbound SR 167 exit to the southbound bridge as well as 4th Street and Levee Road under the bridges.
WSDOT provides a variety of tools to help drivers:
- Get traveler information on your mobile device at www.wsdot.com/Inform/mobile.htm.
- Find travel alerts at www.wsdot.wa.gov/traffic/trafficalerts.
- Call 511 for traffic updates.
The closures allow crews working for the Washington State Department of Transportation to relocate a no longer used steel truss bridge.