TACOMA – Businesses, organizations and individuals who make outstanding contributions to downtown Tacoma were nominated as part of the annual New Tacoma Awards.
This year the Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber, in coordination with Presenting Sponsor Tacoma Power’s Click! Network, Media Sponsor Clear Channel, Awards Sponsor NW Etch, Gift Sponsor Adriatic Grill, and Floral Sponsor Blitz & Co., honored nominees and recipients at the Chamber Luncheon on Friday, July 10, 2015 at the Pacific Grill Events Center.
The 2015 New Tacoma Awards recipients are:
- The Ghilarducci Award recognizing successful new development, renovation or beautification: UW Tacoma YMCA
- The Popham Award recognizing the individual that has done the most to build community spirit: Dr. Debra Friedman
- The Public Places Award recognizing the best activation of a public park, open space or right-of-way: Downtown Farmers Market
- The Schoenfeld Award recognizing exemplary performance and pizazz as a retailer or restaurateur: The Olive Branch Cafe
- The Union Station Award recognizing organizations, companies or individuals that have built or sustained momentum for revitalization: SiteCrafting