What? You thought the summer of huge events in Lakewood was over? Not by a long putt, er, shot.
On Saturday, July 11 – yes, less than three weeks away – the City of Lakewood will hold its biggest event of the year with SummerFEST 2015, beginning at 11 a.m., at Fort Steilacoom Park.
Lakewood’s annual summer celebration gets bigger and better each time. This year’s party promises to be no different. A few reasons why:
- Lakewood SummerFEST Triathlon: This annual event, presented by St. Clare Hospital, is a test of will and draws some of the fiercest competitors to the community. The competition requires competitors to swim, bike and run. It begins with a swim at American Lake Park and ends with a run at Fort Steilacoom Park. Competitors are expected to begin crossing the finish line around 10 a.m., for SummerFEST-goers who want to arrive early and cheer them on.
- Vendors, Vendors and More Vendors: Beginning at 11 a.m., more than 75 public market vendors and 20 food vendors will offer an array of goods to buy, browse and/or eat. There will also be a beer garden.
- Free Entertainment: These days, every penny counts. The City of Lakewood knows this, and that’s why it works every SummerFEST to provide family fun and entertainment free of charge. This year, SummerFEST will feature two stages of great live music (check out the lineup for our Main Stage) and a soccer tournament, as well as free displays of Police, Fire and other vehicles.
- Safety First: West Pierce Fire and Rescue will be on site to provide safety information as well as sell life vests and bike helmets.
- KidsZone: For a small fee, children can bounce, climb, race and enjoy a petting zoo in the KidZone.
- Classic Car Show: Come see hot rods, convertibles and other classic cars displayed at the Partners for Parks car show
- Movie in the Park: Everything is awesome at this year’s SummerFEST! Why? Our feature outdoor film, which starts at dusk, is none other than the LEGO Movie. How cool is that?
Mark you calendars for this great family event.