Lakewood’s Clover Park Rotary leadership will transition from President Sheri Hodson to President Elect Joyce Loveday on June 24, 2015 at the installation banquet held in Tacoma Country Club.
At that time the club will highlight Sheri’s successful year and install new officers for the new Rotary year of July 2015 to July 2016: Sheri’s notable accomplishments include:
- Clover Park Rotary exceeded their annual goal of $7200 in financial contributions to the Rotary Foundation.
- Per member average contribution of over $200 each. The Foundation Director anticipates giving to exceed $9000 by June 30, which enables Rotarians worldwide to advance world understanding, goodwill, and peace through the improvement of health, the support of education, and the alleviation of poverty.
- Satisfying fund requests to over 10 youth oriented programs
- Extensive Southgate Elementary support: theater production instruction to each class/followed by an in house and Lakewood Playhouse performances, holiday food baskets and a spaghetti feast for all students, parents and family members
New officers for Rotary year July 2015 to July 2016 are: President Joyce Loveday, President Elect James Hairston, Vice President Bryan Christiansen, Secretary Karen Fengler Nichols and Treasurer Judi Maier.
The focus of Clover Park Rotary will see significant additions for its new Rotary year:
- First, since our partnered school Southgate Elementary is closing, we will now partner with Tyee Elementary and with ancillary support to Lochborne Middle School as they proceed on their journey of educational excellence.
- In addition, Clover Park Rotary is in the process of procuring a $7000 funding for Emergency Food Network children’s backpack program.
- We also plan to sponsor a Guatemala mission to install vented stoves in remote villages.
Interested? Please join us at our weekly Wednesday noon meeting/lunch at Carr’s Restaurant, 11006 Bridgeport Way SW in Lakewood. And/or please visit our website: portal.clubrunner.ca/371.