PUYALLUP – Construction crews are putting the finishing touches on the new State Route 167 Puyallup River Bridge (Meridian Bridge). Shortly before the new span opens to drivers, the Washington State Department of Transportation will host a ceremonial ribbon cutting at 10 a.m. Thursday, June 25.
The new span will replace the adjacent, structurally-deficient steel-truss bridge that dates to the 1920s. The new bridge is built to current engineering and seismic standards. It has wider lanes and shoulders, and also meets Americans with Disabilities Act accessibility standards with an 8-foot-wide sidewalk for bicyclist and pedestrians.
Groundbreaking ceremony specifics:
When: 10 a.m. Thursday, June 25, 2015
Where: Skate Tiffany’s Family Fun Center, 1113 N Meridian, Puyallup, WA 98371
- State Representative Hans Zeiger
- Transportation Secretary Lynn Peterson
- Puyallup Mayor John Knutsen
- Olympic Region Administrator Kevin Dayton
- Atkinson Construction Senior Vice President Bob Adams