Art Inspires Art features Dance Theater Northwest company members and guests in “art-inspired” pieces created by Melanie Kirk-Stauffer, artistic director. The works center on the collections and installations from Linda Lowe’s The Patra Passage, and the works of Dale Chihuly.
- Saturday, March 14th at 1:00 PM & 3:00 PM
- Tacoma Museum of Glass, 1801 Dock Street Tacoma, WA 98402
- Parking is free and the show is handicapped accessible
- Shows are free with admission to the Museum of Glass
- Information at www.DTNW.org or by calling 253-778-6534
Performed to music from Baroque to Broadway — the performance is presented as a lecture demonstration. Melanie Kirk-Stauffer will be sharing fun and fanciful dance choreographies, discussing each piece being performed, and how collective experience and the act of giving is reflected in the selected works. These pieces feature Amelia Arial, Oceana Thunder, Lauren Trodahl, Allison Zakharov, as well as, Philandra Eargle, Madeline Ewer, Solana Sartain, and Olivia Stephen-Jordan.