TACOMA – Crews working for the Washington State Department of Transportation will close a Tacoma-area Interstate 5 exit and lanes during the week of March 2.The work is linked to the I-5 – M Street to Portland Avenue – HOV project.
Four ramps remain closed around the clock:
1) Pacific Avenue to southbound I-5
2) Southbound I-5 to State Route 7
3) Northbound SR 7 to southbound I-5
4) A Street to Interstate 705
In addition to the above closures, drivers can expect the following:
- At 11 p.m. Monday through Wednesday, March 2-4, the northbound I-5 collector/distributor exit to northbound Interstate 705 will close. The exit will reopen at 4 a.m. each following morning.
- From 12:01 a.m. to 4 a.m. Friday, March 6, the northbound I-5 collector/distributor exit to northbound I-705 will close.
From Monday through Thursday, March 2-5, northbound and southbound I-5 drivers also may encounter night single lane closures between M Street and Portland Avenue. The lanes will reopen each following morning.