The University Place City Council will meet on Monday, July 7, 2014, 6:30 p.m. in the Town Hall Meeting Room (3715 Bridgeport Way West). Following is the meeting agenda:
1. CALL REGULAR MEETING TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – June 2, 2014 and June 23, 2014
4. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
• Park and Recreation Month Proclamation
• Puget Sound Clean Air Strategic Plan Update – Craig Kenworthy, PSCA Agency
• Pinehurst U.S. Open Report
6. PUBLIC COMMENTS – (At this time, citizens will be given an opportunity to address the Council on any items listed under the Consent Agenda and on any subject not scheduled for a Public Hearing or Council consideration. Comments or testimony related to a scheduled Public Hearing or Council consideration should be held until the Mayor calls for citizen comments during that time. State law prohibits the use of this forum to promote or oppose any candidate for public office, or ballot measure. Public comments are limited to three minutes. Please provide your name and address for the record.)
7. COUNCIL COMMENTS/REPORTS
8. CITY MANAGER’S REPORT
• 2014 Second Quarter Update
9A-9C. CONSENT AGENDA
Motion: Approve or Amend the Consent Agenda as Proposed
The Consent Agenda consists of items considered routine or have been previously studied and discussed by Council and for which staff recommendation has been prepared. A Councilmember may request that an item be removed from the Consent Agenda so that the Council may consider the item separately. Items on the Consent Agenda are voted upon as one block and approved with one vote.
A. Receive and File: Payroll and Claims.
B. Adopt a resolution declaring certain equipment surplus and authorizing its sale.
C. Authorize the City Manager to execute an amendment to the Pierce County Community Cooperation Agreement for Urban County Community Development Program Funds.
10. MAYOR’S REPORT
RECESS TO STUDY SESSION – (At this time, Council will have the opportunity to study and discuss business issues with staff prior to its consideration. Citizen comment is not taken at this time; however, citizens will have the opportunity to comment on the following item(s) at future Council meetings.)
11. FUTURE OF TRANSIT IN UNIVERSITY PLACE
12. EXECUTIVE SESSION – (CLOSED SESSION- At this time of the Agenda, the City Council will adjourn to Executive Session for approximately one hour, per RCW 42.30.110, to review the performance of a public employee. Any action on this issue will only be taken during Council Open Session.)
13. ADJOURNMENTPrint This Post