Job seekers find help and learn skills during free job search workshops at Pierce County Libraries. These free events are made possible by a partnership with WorkSource and Pierce County Library System.
Workshop duration 2 ½ hours. Registration required. Register online @ www.piercecountylibrary.org/calendar
Bonney Lake Pierce County Library, 18501 90th St. E. 98391 • 253-548-3308
- Friday, July 11, 11 a.m. Effective Applications and Resumes
- Friday, July 11, 2 p.m. The Job Doctor
- Thursday, Sept. 4, 11 a.m. Advertising Your Abilities
- Thursday, Sept. 4, 2 p.m. Presenting Yourself as a Polished Professional
- Thursday, Aug. 21, 11 a.m. Effective Applications and Resumes
- Thursday, Aug. 21, 2 p.m. LinkedIn Help
Gig Harbor Pierce County Library, 4424 Point Fosdick Drive N.W. 98335 • 253-548-3305
- LinkedIn Help Tuesday, Aug. 19, 11 a.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 19, 2 p.m. Presenting Yourself as a Polished Professional
Key Center Pierce County Library, 8905 KPN, Lakebay 98349 • 253-548-3309
- Thursday, Sept. 18, 11 a.m. Advertising Your Abilities
- Thursday, Sept. 18, 2 p.m. LinkedIn Help
Milton/Edgewood Pierce County Library, 900 Meridian E., Suite 29, Milton 98354 • 253-548-3325
- Thursday, Sept. 11, 11 a.m. Effective Applications and Resumes
Parkland/Spanaway Pierce County Library, 13718 Pacific Ave. S., Tacoma 98444 • 253-548-3304
- Monday, Aug. 11, 11 a.m. Advertising Your Abilities
South Hill Pierce County Library, 15420 Meridian E. 98375 • 253-548-3303
- Thursday, Aug. 7, 11 a.m. Presenting Yourself as a Polished Professional
- Thursday, Aug. 7, 2 p.m. Effective Applications and Resumes
Steilacoom Pierce County Library, 2950 Steilacoom Blvd. 98388 • 253-548-3313
- Tuesday, July 22, 2 p.m. LinkedIn Help
Summit Pierce County Library, 5107 112th St. E., Tacoma 98446 • 253-548-3321
- Thursday, July 17, 11 a.m. Job Seeker Services – Russian
Sumner Pierce County Library, 1116 Fryar Ave. 98390 • 253-548-3306
- Tuesday, Sept. 2, 2 p.m. Job Seeker Services – Russian
Tillicum Pierce County Library, 14916 Washington Ave. S.W., Lakewood 98498 • 253-548-3314
- Tuesday, July 8, 11 a.m. Resources for Vets
- Tuesday, Sept. 9, 11 a.m. Resources for Vets
University Place Pierce County Library, 3609 Market Place W., Suite 100, 98466 • 253-548-3307
- Thursday, July 24, 11 a.m. Advertising Your Abilities
- Thursday, July 24, 2 p.m. Presenting Yourself as a Polished Professional
Advertising Your Abilities
Sell yourself and detail your skills to make employers sit up and take notice. Prepare an effective professional profile statement and discover the benefits of using social media.
Effective Applications and Resumes
Navigate sticky situations such as age, background, and reason for leaving a job. Create a winning resume and an effective cover letter you can target for specific positions. You will receive the newly updated Resume Kit.
The Job Doctor
Drop in for resume review, mock interviewing and other job search concerns with help from WorkSource job search specialists.
Job Seeker Services – Russian
Is your primary language Russian, Romanian or Ukrainian? What do employers expect from you? Create a targeted job search strategy, resume and cover letter, develop an effective 60-second commercial, apply for retraining and find hidden jobs.
Have you set up a LinkedIn profile and wonder what’s next? Expand your network, search for advertised jobs, and research employers. Must have a current LinkedIn profile and familiarity with Internet and computers. For help setting up a LinkedIn account, ask a librarian.
Presenting Yourself as a Polished Professional
Do you know what to say/what not to say in an interview? Learn the benefits of pre-interview prep work and how to respond to overqualification, salary and background issues. You will receive an Interview Survival handout.
Resources for Vets
WorkSource helps thousands of military veterans – including disabled veterans – find jobs each year. As a veteran, you can get preferential access to WorkSource services, including priority referrals to jobs.Print This Post