The Lakewood City Council will meet on Monday, June 2, 2014 (7:00 P.M.) in the City of Lakewood’s City Council Chambers, 6000 Main Street SW, Lakewood, WA 98499. Following is the meeting agenda:
CALL TO ORDER
CITY MANAGER REPORT
PROCLAMATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
Proclamation in remembrance of Larry Humphrey, former Lakewood City Councilmember. – Mrs. Natalie Humphrey
Youth Council Report and Recognition.
Clover Park School District Board Report.
C O N S E N T A G E N D A
( 5) A. Approval of the minutes of the City Council meeting of May 19, 2014.
(12) B. Approval of the minutes of the City Council Study Session of May 27, 2014.
(17) C. Approval of payroll checks in the amount of $2,152,369.70, for the period April 16, 2014 through May 15, 2014.
(19) D. Approval of claim vouchers in the amount of $1,398,151.02, for the period April 29, 2014 through May 22, 2014.
(52) E. Motion No. 2014 –34
Setting Monday, June 16, 2014, at approximately 7:00 p.m., as the date for a public hearing by the City Council on the proposed 2013-2014 biennial budget amendments.
(53) F. Resolution No. 2014-15
Setting Monday, July 7, 2014, at approximately 7:00 p.m., as the date for a public hearing by the City Council on the proposed 2015-2020 Six Year Transportation Improvement Program.
(55) G. Items Filed in the Office of the City Clerk:
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Board meeting minutes of March 25, 2014 and April 28, 2014.
- Landmarks and Heritage Advisory Board meeting minutes of March 27, 2014.
- Lakewood Arts Commission meeting minutes of April 7, 2014.
- Human Services Funding Advisory Board meeting minutes of April 17, 2014.
- Citizens’ Transportation Advisory Committee meeting minutes of April 29, 2014.
R E G U L A R A G E N D A
(76) Ordinance No. 585
Amending various chapters of the Lakewood Municipal Code relative to the Hearings Examiner processes. – City Attorney
(102) Motion No. 2014-35
Approving the execution of an agreement with Rasmussen Triebelhorn, in the amount of $60,570, for the design of the Public Works Operations and Maintenance Shop. – Public Works Director
(117) Motion No. 2014-36
Approving an interlocal agreement with Pierce College relative to the Oak Prairie management and restoration program. – Assistant City Manager for Development Services
BRIEFING BY THE CITY MANAGER
(121) Review of a proposed tax incentive urban use center and designation of a residential target area.
CITY COUNCIL COMMENTS
The Council Chambers is accessible to persons with disabilities. Equipment is available for the hearing impaired. Persons requesting special accommodations or language interpreters should contact the City Clerk’s Office, 589?2489, as soon as possible in advance of the Council meeting so that an attempt to provide the special accommodations can be made.
City Hall will be closed 15 minutes after adjournment of the meeting.